Before you start any perming, make a careful analysis of the scalp and hair. Depending on the type of hair that one has, there are different types of perm lotions to choose from. They have various formulations and, consequently, strength. So, take into consideration the following tips to determine your choice.
The general rule here is this: resistant hair needs a stronger perm lotion, while more porous hair needs a weaker one.
- If the hair has been processed with bleach and highlights, use the bleached type of perm lotion.
- If the hair has been processed with permanent tints, there is a special tinted perm lotion.
- If the hair is in a very dry and porous condition, you should pick up the over-porous lotion type.
- In case of fine hair with the non-porous texture or coarse hair, make use of the resistant lotion type.
- Normal perming lotion is used for natural hair that has not been treated with chemicals.
Whatever lotion type is going to be applied always stick to the manufacturer’s instructions on its use and suitability.